Clear your calendars everybody, because tonight at 7:00pm ET, the Engadget Show is back in a big way! GM’s head engineer Micky Bly (the man responsible for the Volt) will be on hand for some frank conversation about the future of cars and a bunch of mind-blowing demos to go with it. Oh, and GM says they have a big announcement that they will be making exclusively on the Engadget Show, so be a part of tech history and come join us, won’t you? Engadget auto editor Tim Stevens will be joining the fun and we’ll also have a very special guest from IBM’s Watson team, fresh off the game-show-playing supercomputer’s three-day run on Jeopardy. It will be a night to remember, with some incredible chiptunes music by Note! with visuals from Batsly Adams. As usual, we’ll be streaming live at 7:00PM from SIR’s Stage 37 (a new venue!) and we’ve got around 350 seats available on a first-come, first-served basis if you want to join us in person. Also, trust us when we say that the giveaways for this taping are going to absolutely blow. your. mind.
REMINDER: The Show will be taking place in a lovely new venue, the SIR Stage37 (ie. not the TimesCenter or Cooper Union), located in Manhattan at 508 West 37th Street, between 10th and 11th Avenues.
Tickets are — as always — free to anyone who would like to attend, but seating is limited, and tickets will be first come, first served… so get there early! Also, because of the nature of the space, we won’t be able to do assigned seats so the seats will be first-come, first-served as well (we know, just after you got used to assigned seating!). Here’s the updated info on our new ticketing policy that you need to know:
- There is no admission fee — tickets are completely free
- The event is all ages
- Ticketing will begin at the SIR Stage37 at 5:00PM on Thursday, February 17th, doors will open for seating at 6:15PM, and the show begins at 7:00PM
- We can’t do assigned seating in this venue, so remember that your ticket guarantees you entry into the show, but where you sit is up to you.
- You cannot collect tickets for friends or family — anyone who would like to come must be present to get a ticket
- Seating capacity is limited (we’ve got room for approximately 350), and once we’re full, we’re full
- The venue is located at 508 West 37th St, between 10th and 11th Avenues. (map after the break)
- The show length is around an hour
If you’re a member of the media who wishes to attend, please contact us at: engadgetshowmedia [at] engadget [dot] com, and we’ll try to accommodate you. All other non-media questions can be sent to: engadgetshow [at] engadget [dot] com.
Subscribe to the Show:
[iTunes] Subscribe to the Show directly in iTunes (M4V).
[Zune] Subscribe to the Show directly in the Zune Marketplace (M4V).
[RSS M4V] Add the Engadget Show feed (M4V) to your RSS aggregator and have it delivered automatically.
The Engadget Show returns tonight with GM head engineer Micky Bly, Watson’s creators, new products, and much more! originally appeared on Engadget on Thu, 17 Feb 2011 17:30:00 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.